I find myself wandering in and buying from the maternity sections of the clothing stores now. I must say, the selection that I'm finding is pretty pitiful. Yes, there are a couple of cute things but for the most part the selection is slim and very dismal. There is nothing really in it to make you stand out or feel pretty. It almost makes me want to start my own maternity line and show the world and the fashion industry that just because women are pregnant doesn't mean we lose the desire to want to look and feel good in the clothes we wear. I also have learned that the few cute things that are out there you better be prepared to drop some serious cash on. Who in there right mind wants to pay $60-$100 for a shirt or pants that they are only going to wear a couple months?
I will say I do love how comfortable maternity clothes are. The shirts seem to be made out of baby blankets or something. And the pants are greatness as well. I almost feel like every woman should own one pair to break out on the days they are feeling fat or for holidays were there is a lot of food, like Thanksgiving, so you don't have to feel bad when you pants start getting tight and you can be comfortable all day.
It was a bit of an experience the first time I walked into a maternity clothing store. I felt like an intruder or outsider coming into to this world I had never seen or experienced before. Thank goodness there was a nice sales lady who explained my sizes in maternity clothes (which is still the same size you were pre-pregnancy, nice to know they kept things easy on us) and the different styles of pants with the full panel (my favorite), adjustable waist band, or mid band. I then spent the next hour trying on different things and goofing off with the different size pillows they put in the dressing rooms so you can see what the clothes feel like later on in your pregnancy (geniuses I say!).
I used to take awhile in the mornings before trying to figure out what to wear, but now I feel like it takes eons. I have so many choices in my closet, but nothing really to wear. It can be quite frustrating but fun at the same time (I’m always up for a good challenge). I'm coming around to embracing maternity clothes and the best ways to accessorize them. A girl has got to look cute one way or the other, and accessories are going to be my secret weapon. Now if someone can give me their secret weapon on cute comfortable shoes, I'm all ears!!!
Me at 15 weeks
You are so cute!!! Flip Flops!!! I had to get new shoes during and after pregnancy. My feet don't look like they used to it's nuts!! I loved the full panel pants the best also!!! I still want to wear them, but they are a bit big now. You look great!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely flip flops! or cute sandals, but beyond that I would just try some cheap little ballet flats. none of the shoes I wore during pregnancy fit me now.
ReplyDeleteI actually ended up with some really cute and surprisingly comfy espadrills by searching the old navy maternity section online.