Since becoming pregnant I have really started enjoying food and looking forward to breakfast, lunch and dinner (with a few snacks in between at times). As I've blogged about earlier, food taste a million times better when you are pregnant (at least to me it does). But the one thing that I didn't know is how you can go from being starving to extremely full in a matter of minutes. And it’s not the kind of full that you can just shrug off and go about your business, no this is the kind of full that's uncomfortable and stays with you for hours after you eat. In fact I feel like a beached whale at least three times a week after I eat. I've even asked John to pick me up and carry me to the next room because I don't think it’s humanly possible for me to get up and move. In my head I picture myself exploding into a million pieces with the wrong step or bump, so I just have to sit there and wonder why this cruel injustice has been brought upon me.
Another weird thing is I feel I grow, or should I say my stomach grows, as the day goes on. In the morning I have my little pregnant pudge but by the end of the day my stomach has grown 4 times as big and I can't wait to get home and rip my clothes off so my body can breathe. I have no idea why this happens but it does. As I write this I had to unbutton my pants because I thought I might hurt an unsuspecting soul as they walked by and got hit in the eye with my pant button because my stomach has now doubled in size since this morning. By the time I go home tonight it will take all the willpower I have not to take my slacks off and put them in my purse as I walk to my car.
The other night as I was carving pumpkins with my husband I felt like I needed some kind of stomach support because my ligaments and stomach muscles were aching like something was pushing on them and trying to stretch them to lengths that shouldn't be humanly possible. And the crazy thing is I'm not even showing really, so I have no idea what I'm going to feel like once I do start showing and there is a 8 pound baby inside of me. I can't imagine what Octomom felt like having 8 babies inside of her. I think I would have lost my mind.
I am embracing the changes my body is going through, and I'm amazed at the things a human body can do. Especially a woman's body, we really should be held up on pedestals or at least be given free meals where ever we go for just being so darn awesome and bringing life into this world!
No comments:
Post a Comment