Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm that crazy lady!

I was out enjoying my birthday yesterday by not having to go into work and shopping the day away, when all of a sudden I became that crazy pregnant lady that little boys and girls run from screaming "It's alive! It's alive!"

I was driving through the Target parking lot looking for a space to park when all of a sudden this grown lady darts out across the parking isle, giving me a near heart attack, and didn't even look to see if any cars were coming. I literally stopped about 5 inches from her, while my heart palpated out of my chest. Me, being the rash...ughm....ok not so rash person I can be lately rolled down my window and yelled to this lady that she needed to look both ways before crossing the lane. And it only gets better from here. As I pull my car into the parking space I see this woman walking up to my car from my rear view mirror. As many of you know, I've been known to go psycho Robyn (pre-pregnancy) and will confront anyone if I feel they are in the wrong and impeding on my space. So, I mutter to myself, "you want to go lady, let's go!" Like I'm about to get in a WWF ring and wrestle her or something (which many of you wouldn't put pass me either).


I get out of my car clutching my purse, just in case I have to use it as a weapon, and the lady says to me "What did you say to me?!!" Which I proceeded to go on about nearly hitting her and her precious shopping cart and that she needed to look both ways before crossing over the lane. I felt like a mom scolding her child or something but this was a grown woman I was talking to! As she looked at me in amazement, she started backing up saying she was making sure I wasn't being rude. Which in my head, I heard "I dare you to say something rude to me!" To which I replied, "We only learn it in pre-school that you should look both ways before crossing the street. I thought you would know that by now!" Thank goodness she only muttered something to herself because who knows how this story would have ended, but I felt justice was served and I proceeded to walk into the store. It wasn't until I got my shopping cart that it hit me like a ton of bricks that I am that CRAZY PREGNANT LADY WHO YELLS AT ADULT STRANGERS IN PARKING LOTS!

What have I become?! That is a new low for me! Thank goodness the next emotion took a hold of me and I couldn't quit laughing about it while looking through the jewelry and purse section of the store. Which of course brought on a new kind of crazy to those around me, but I didn't care because I am officially crazy pregnant lady of the Target parking lots!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love crazy Robyn . Pregnant or not that's bad ass. I think we should buy you an orange vest and a stop sign and when you are maternity leave you can be the Target crossing guard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw the orange vest and stop sign Sadie we need to go ahead and get her either a white straight jacket, what is it ok for girls to wear white right now...I don't the rule to that. OR go ahead and get her fitted for an orange and white stripped jail out fit. It might be a one piece so that should save us some money.

    ReplyDelete