Lately I have had this mystic euphoria creep over my every being and I have been in love with life! In love with my husband, in love with my job (weird I know, but its true), in love with my friends, in love with my family, and more importantly in love with food! I don't know if its the pregnancy hormone or the fact that I've given up the bad habit of smoking but EVERYTHING tastes delicious. I find myself looking forward to the next meal I'm going to have because I know it will be an explosion of yumminess in my mouth. I'm also in love with the fact that the Texas State Fair starts this week and the featured fried food this year is going to be.....drum roll please.....fried butter! Yum! For those of you who's stomach may be turning at the thought of that, I've been told that it is like a warm buttery biscuit. Who doesn't like that!?! My mouth is watering thinking about it.
I also find myself looking at my husband with that new crush feeling like when we first started dating, and going over the reasons why he is such a great man. He reminds me every day why he is the best husband in the world, even if its in little ways like getting me blanket when I all of a sudden go from being hot to freezing or mowing the grass right before kick off b/c I mentioned how bad the lawn looked. When it hit me most was this weekend when we picked up our nephew for a fun filled Saturday night of 3D IMAX (if you haven't gone lately, you need to put this on your MUST DO ASAP list) and put-put golf. Watching John interact with his nephew and the way he was able to get on his level was amazing. It made me realize what a fantastic father John is going to be and how our child is lucky to have a dad like him.
The company I work for has been named in the top 100 Best Companies to Work for by Fortune 500 http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2009/snapshots/3.html. It's also been ranked the #1 company to work for for Working Mom's. I must say I do love my job and the company. Granted I have my days that I get a little stressed out, but at the end of the day I can honestly say I still love it. And now that I am pregnant I am really loving our insurance, it's only going to cost me $5 to have this baby! And I get 3 months off paid in full, which is almost unheard of. I could go on and on about other perks BCG offers, but that would take up another post all together.
Like the old saying goes, "It's the little things in life, that matter most" I'm finding this to be extremely true and I feel blessed to have such a great circle of support around me right now. Life is definitely good!
ahhh pregnancy hormones. I am happy that you are happy Robyn. I love reading about your experience:) And DEFINITELY have some fried butter for me!
ReplyDelete