I have two favorite websites that help feed this homemade obsession of mine, Etsy (click here to check it out) and Pinterest (click here to check it out), both of which I've only become rescent fans of. Etsy is a great website if you want to buy someone else's homemade gifts. I've bought plenty of things off of there including a tree decal for our soon to be nursery (take a look), a time and life saving quiet book for Evan (looky), and some adorable necklaces that made fantastic Christmas gifts (here, here, and here). I also got a ton of things off of there for Evan's second birthday for the circus theme that really brought everything together.
Pintrest is great website if you want to try the crafts yourself and give Martha Stewart a run for her money. For Mother's Day this year I decided to test my crafting skills and make my mom's, John's mom, and his sister their gifts. I wanted the gifts to meet certain criteria.
1. They had to be semi easy to make.
2. They had to be something that I would want to get as a gift
3. They couldn't involve any sewing. Sewing is something that baffles me and even though I own a sewing machine and I'm not ashamed to admit it is still in the box after 2 years of getting it. (que the gasps!).
After a couple of days of searching I found a post on how to make your own photo blocks (check it out here). The moment I saw it, I knew this was the Mother's Day gift to end all Mother's Day. So, I ran out to Michael's and got all my supplies and got to working on them right away. I must say I was impressed with myself and thought they turned out great, and so did all the mom's I gave them too. They were super easy to make and I impressed myself (which isn't that hard to do, but one can pat themselves on the back every now and then right?!?)Check them out below.
My mom's photo block. For some reason I couldn't upload the picture correctly despite numerous times trying. Maybe my next project I should take on is an IT one :)
The back of my mom's photo block
John's mom's photo block (again sorry for the sideways pic)
John's sister's photo block
Back of John's sister's photo block
No comments:
Post a Comment