Friday, May 11, 2012

The Big Reveal

I've been meaning to write this post for awhile, but somewhere between the starting of daycare, tantrums, pregnancy brain, and life this fell to the way side.
Back in mid April John and I had the BIG SONOGRAM....the one where we found out the sex of our little peanut growing inside of me. I know the intention of the "big" sonogram isn't to find out the sex. It's to make sure the baby is growing properly and everything is healthy, but to me it's the holy grail of sonograms. The big reveal! The one that I lose sleep over. It's also the one that I start crafting up creative ways to tell our family what we are having.

I've always loved a good surprise and the anticipation that goes with it. The reveal sonogram is one of those surprises and one that John and I and our family and friends get excited about, so I feel like the way you tell it to people has to match that excitement.
I came up with my idea on how to reveal the sex to our family from Pinterest. For those of you that are not members of the website, YOU MUST GO NOW and join!! In fact, here is the link to it (click here now!)go to it and check it out! Pinterest is full of handy tips, recipes, and gift ideas that will make you feel like the next Martha Stewart (or at least make you think you can be the next Martha Stewart). When I was on there one day perusing the site I saw a post about gender reveal cupcakes where you inject the cupcake with blue (if it's a boy) or pink (if it's a girl) icing, so when the person bites down into it they find out what it is. Genius I say! I mean cupcakes, icing, and the reveal all wrapped up in one neat little surprise package? I'M IN!! So, that's the route I decided to go with both of our families and it was a hit!

Although I didn't get many pictures of the reveal because I was too busy shoving my face full of cupcake goodness and hugging everyone, I did get some.

The Gender Revealing Cupcakes

Doesn't this just make you want to find out?
Biting into the yummy goodness


And in case you didn't know, we are having a BOY!! 


John and I are thrilled that we are having another boy! It's a win win for me.....we already have all the boy things you could want or need and I get to remain the queen of the house! Plus, what's cuter that two brothers who love each other and are best friends and are momma's little boys! Nothing, I tell you! Nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment