Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!!

Tomorrow is a day I've been anxiously waiting for since I saw the little blue plus sign on my pregnancy stick the day I found out I was pregnant (which just so happened to be New Year's Day)! What day is this you might ask? We finally get to find out if we will be buying more blue or pink! If we'll have a Barney or a Wilma. If we'll have more snips and snails, and puppy dog tails or sugar and spice and everything nice. If...well I think you get the point.

I must say there is just as much excitement the second time around as the first. There is something about the wonder of it all and being able to talk to John and everyone else about what we think it is and everything that goes with that. This pregnancy has been so different from the last that I honestly don't know what we are having. In my head I think that all our family is going to have is boys since that's all that's around us (no girls anywhere, zip, nadda, zilch). Then there is a part of me that thinks it might be a boy since pregnancy has been so different.

In one of our many talks about it, John said for the first time he thought it was a girl. However, he said that last time and I was more shocked to find out Evan was a boy than when I found out I was pregnant. I was certain he was a girl. I'm happy he wasn't because the joy and energy he's brought to our lives is amazing and I absolutely love how he adores his momma! As every parent to be will tell you, in the end it really doesn't matter what sex the baby is as long as he or she is healthy and I really do feel that way. I'm ok with having all boys around me and being the queen of the family, and I'm ok with having a little mini me. Someone to dress up and have girl's days with.

I think what I'm most looking forward to is getting a start on the nursery. I have some great ideas for both sexes and I'd like to capitalize on my new found energy while I can and while it's here. I'd also like to start getting organized for the little ones arrival, and all of that is contingent on the sex.

So, if you see me today and I seem a bit out of it. My mind is already at my doctor's appointment that is taking place first thing in the morning tomorrow. Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment