I realized I haven't written anything about my pregnancy this go around, so decided it's time to change that. For some reason I thought this pregnancy would be like the last one. I mean, why wouldn't it? It's still the same body that it took place in the last time right?! The answer is a big fat NO!
This pregnancy has been different in many ways. The first of which being the morning sickness I was plagued with up until 2 weeks ago. I didn't have an ounce of sickness with Evan, so when I did with this one I wasn't sure what to do. The worst part about having morning sickness is I never got the point of throwing up, but I would get so on the verge that I think I'd rather of thrown up. And it seemed to hit me like clockwork, the first bout in the afternoon right after lunch and then again at night when I'd lay down to go to sleep. I lost count of the number of times I would rush to the bathroom and just sit there for what seemed like hours waiting for the sickness to subside. The one good thing about having morning sickness is it kept my cravings and bad eating habits at bay. I actually lost weight (5 pounds) from one check up to the other in a month. I'm sure I'll more than make up for it later on, but you gotta find the silver lining in everything right?!
The next difference has been the crazy hot flashes I've been experiencing. I can go from being just fine, to feeling like I'm burning up and in the pits of hell in a second. The flashes are so strong and severe that sometimes they make me feel light headed. All I want to do is strip down to my birthday suit and sit inside a freezer (I know, the mental picture disturbs me too!). It has me a bit frightened of when I do go through menopause when I'm older because I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my sanity. I'm hoping the flashes will subside before the horrible Texas summer heat is here. I know I'm not in for an easy ride being pregnant in the dead of summer, but hopefully God will have some mercy on me and make it a little easier.
The last major difference I've noticed is the bad sciatic pain I started getting about a month and a half ago. It's something I've always dealt with, but the pain that it's been bringing lately is so bad that it will paralyze me in my tracks. The pain shoots from my butt to the middle of my back and is unlike any pain I've ever felt. I've done a lot of research on it, and it is common in pregnant women but usually doesn't start until the 6 month of pregnancy. Lucky for me, I get to experience it earlier. Yay!
As for cravings, I haven't wanted anything unusual but I can't get enough fruit. My weekly fruit consumption is ridiculous and only getting worse. The fruit I crave the most, grapes! I'm not sure what is in grapes that my body needs but whatever it is it has me going through pounds of them. I'm afraid I'm going to start looking like the fruit of the loom guy only a scarier version if I keep it up.
I'm still waiting on the second trimester energy boost that everyone says you get. Right now, I'm tired all of the time. I even wake up tired. I seem to go from being semi tired to extremely exhausted in the matter of seconds. I've even had a couple of break downs about being so drained and tired, I won't go into those break downs in detail, but I'm going to chalk those up to pregnancy hormones.
Since I'm only 16 weeks along, I'm sure there will be other differences along the way and hopefully some of them will be good differences (like not getting those horrible Charlie horses in the middle of the night). I'm just blessed that I have this little angel and that we can add to our family. Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment