Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Evan!!

I've seen several other people do this idea, so I won't claim it but I will say that I think it's great and have decided to start up the tradition myself of writing a letter to my kids on each of their birthdays. Since Evan is turning two tomorrow (where does the time go?) below is my happy birthday letter to him.


Evan,
I almost don't know where to start on the absolute joy, love, and laughter you've brought to your dad and mine lives these past two years. Every day is a start to a new adventure and wonderment as we get to see childhood through your eyes. I'm amazed at how far you've grown and come in the last year. You are now a walking, jumping, laughing, ball of energy that cannot get enough of the world around you. You are starting to assert your independence a little bit but no so much that you don't want me or your dad close by to explain the new thing you've found whether it be a flower, a toy or even a bug.

I look forward to seeing you every day especially after long days at work when you greet me with a boisterous "momma!" followed by a kiss. I love how you want to bring everything you find to us and want to share your most prized possessions like a half eaten jelly bean or cracker with us. I also adore how you are obsessed with tractors and anything construction truck related and how you will yell at the top of your lungs "TRACTOR!" when you see one. I also love how into music you are and how you insist on hearing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" for the 10th time in a row. I also love to watch you sing and dance to Jack's Big Music Show or any other music that comes on.

I can see both your dad and me in you and your actions. You have your dad's love for sports, especially baseball and one of your favorite past times is throwing the ball to whoever will catch it. You are almost a spitting image of your dad, minus your eyes which look like mine. You have your dad's laid back attitude and take everything in stride. You have my sensitive side and need to make those around you happy. You also have my love for sweet and salty food combinations and nurturing side.

As our family grows over the next year I want you to know you'll always be my baby. I know you are going to be the best big brother anyone could have because you're already the best son any mother could have. Happy birthday my little scooter buggie!

Love you with all my heart and soul,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment