As most of you know John went out of town this weekend to San Antonio for a coaches convention. I know there is some sort of learning going on, but really its just an excuse for all the coaches in Texas to get together and have fun. That fun usually comes in the form of alcohol on the river walk or on the golf course, which is fine, but I started thinking about the last time I had fun and couldn't even recall the last time I just let loose. I'm talking about the kind of fun that when you wake up the next day you have to replay the events back in your head to make sure you didn't forget anything. The kind of fun where you don't have a care in the world and you feel fancy free.
I understand that now that I'm a mom that kind of fun won't be as often as it was before Evan, but I'm still young and I still want to have fun. Cindy Loper even had it right when she said, "Girls just want to have fun!" I then started thinking that even if I did have the opportunity to have fun, could I really?? One of the major down falls to breast feeding is you still have to watch what you eat and drink. So, I have to ask myself if that one drink really worth pumping and dumping for. Most of the time the answer is no. I also have to ask myself is it worth the headache the next morning when Evan is demanding all of my time and energy and the answer again is no.
Now that I'm back at work I'm also struggling with finding the energy to stay awake past 10 o'clock. I'm constantly calculating the number of hours of sleep I can get if I go to bed at a certain time each night. Which that math alone usually makes me nod off. I remember in college when I could get by on 4 hours of sleep, and often did, and felt fine the next morning. When did I turn into this old woman that cares about the number of zz's I catch?? I'm really hoping things get easier and my energy comes back to me and I can hang out til midnight on the weekend.
I wouldn't mind one night a month though when I can look no in the face and tell it to get lost because I'm going to have fun. I might have to make that my mission. So anyone that wants to join me for my night of fun let me know. Keep in mind you might have to nudge me a time or two to keep me awake, but I will try to hang like I used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment