Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time is standing still!

Has Father Time taken a vacation and not let me know it? I feel like time is standing still and I've been pregnant for years. With only a week and a half to go before my due date, I want nothing more than for little Evan to get here. I'm over the honeymoon stage of being pregnant and now I'm just here. Uncomfortable, tired, and in limbo.


I want to get out and do things, but when I do I get so tired from carrying around this little bundle of joy that I can't do all I want. People keep telling me to get some rest and enjoy these last final days before Evan gets here, but I can't sleep. I'm up every hour on the hour it feels like. My extra strength Tylenol PM Rapid Release tablets don't even have an effect on me anymore. In fact, last night I took some early in hopes that if I dozed off early it would make up for all the times I'm up in the middle of the night. Instead of getting sleepy, I got a burst of energy! I found myself in the kitchen scrubbing our white grout with a Mr. Clean Magic eraser. Why? I have no idea, but it was a way for me to channel my energy at something.

Last week when John and I went in to see my doctor for my weekly appointment she told me that Evan had dropped as low as he can be without him being out of my body and that she would be surprised if I went to my due date. I'm starting to have my doubts. My two friends that were due a month before me both went past their due dates (a week at that!). I am holding on to the doctor’s words though and hoping Evan will be here any day or minute. I have this weird feeling about the 14th or 16th of April, that he may make his grand entrance then. Their is no scientific reason behind this feeling, but I feel like he will be here on one of those days. Tomorrow is the 14th, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed my intuition is right. This means I will be taking a long walk tonight, maybe eating some spicy food, and some other things I won’t go into detail about.

Please keep your fingers crossed something happens soon, or I just might lose it and go crazy and that is never good! In the meantime, I'll have a talk with Father Time and tell him he's been on vacation long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment