With only 3 weeks left to go in my pregnancy the count down has officially begun and I couldn't be happier! I am so ready to meet Evan and start my next journey in life as a mom. I'm also ready to not be pregnant anymore. I really do think God makes the last month and a half of pregnancy uncomfortable to get you ready to take on labor and being a parent to a newborn.
For the most part I've really enjoyed being pregnant and at times felt like I was on top of the world. These last few weeks have been a little rough on me. The crazy twinges of pain I've been getting in my pelvis lately coupled with the sleepless nights have made pregnancy almost unbearable. I find myself contemplating life lately and how different things are going to be. I'm doing my best to take it easy and soak in the quiet moments and enjoy them because I know they will be few and far between. I'm also trying to enjoy every moment I have with John because it will no longer just be me and him. I've been on this emotional roller coaster and I feel antsy. I'm excited and scared of the unknown. I keep hearing how a baby changes everything, and even though I'm ready for that change I'm also nervous for it.
I want to be the best mom I can be to Evan, but it’s weird because I've never been a mom before so how do I know what the best mom is? I know the choices I make in his life when he is younger will affect him his whole life which is a lot of pressure. I can only hope and pray that God will steer me in the right direction, and know that if I do everything in my power to lead by example Evan will grow up right.
It's crazy how your thoughts and concerns in life can change in just a matter of months. I'm ready to meet my sweet little boy and to have the joys and heartache of parenting begin.
Here's hoping these next few weeks pass quickly and Evan is on time!
No comments:
Post a Comment