Every year I
write a letter to my boys on their birthday to help preserve the year in our
memories and to see how far they've come. Evan just turned four so below is his
fourth birthday letter.
Evan,
They say time
flies when you are having fun, and this couldn't be more true with you. This
past year has been a blast and the joy you bring to our family's life is
immeasurable. I can say with utmost certainty you are a little boy and not the
little baby you once were. Your wild imagination and funny comments on life
bring a fresh perspective to our everyday living. I've seen you grow into a
caring and loving son, brother, and friend and I can't tell you enough how
proud I am of you.
Some of your
favorite things are:
- Anything superhero. You especially
love Batman, but if there is a good guy out there that fights crime and
stands for justice you love them.
- Mac-and-cheese. You could eat this
every day for every meal and be just fine.
- Baseball. You love to play the game
and watch it with your daddy. You also love to tell us how you are going
to play for the Rangers one day.
- Legos, especially the superhero
lego sets. I love how you want me to build them for you so you can play
with them and set up imaginary scenarios in your head of how they all play
together.
- Your evening show after your bath
and before bed, and the "snack plate" that goes with it.
- Reading. You've always loved story
time and with each year that passes your love for it grows. You've now memorized
your favorite books, and love to "read" them to daddy and me.
- Your cousins, Anthony and Braden.
You light up when you are around them and can't get enough of them.
- Putting all of the pillows from the
couch on the floor and then jumping into them while acting out what you
would do to the "bad guys" if you were batman.
- Friday's with Nana. You live for Friday's when you get nana all to yourself and you guys do cool things like garden or go to story time at the library. You always ask, "How many more days until nana's going to get me?" Even if you just left her house.
- Chuck E. Cheese. If you could live at one of the locations you would.
One of my
favorite things to do is to sit back and watch your wild and creative
imagination play things out. I've lost count of the number of times you've made
me laugh before bed telling me how you are batman and all the acrobatics you do
while acting out your pretend scenarios. I also love how you tell me you are a
big boy now and that you "got this" when I try to help you put on
your shoes or get in the car. I also love how literal you are and the hilarity
that ensues from that. My favorite was the time you asked me if you could go up
and visit with the man in the moon and take him a snack with such sincerity I
didn't have the heart to tell you it was only a figure of speech.
And even though
you are getting to be a big boy you still love to snuggle and give us hugs and
kisses. My heart grows each time that you follow up a simple "I love
you" with a "So MUCH!" You and Logan have created this bond that
involves a special language that only the two of you understand. You love to
play hard and fight hard with him and I can see the lasting bond between the
two of you that I always wanted.
I'm amazed at
how smart you are and how much you want to learn. From writing your name to
counting to 100 you are always surprising me with your new found knowledge. I
know you are going to do big things in life and be awesome at them!
I look forward
to what the next year holds, as I know it will be as amazing as you are!
I love you my
little buggie, E-weezy, bubba boo!
Mommy
Happy to be Four
Having fun at your favorite place Chuck E Cheese with one of your favorite people, Braden
Showing off one of your Lego creations
No comments:
Post a Comment