I wanted to keep the tradition of posting a letter to my baby's every year on their birthday, to celebrate their milestones and life. Even though this is now two weeks late, here it goes.....
Logan,
I cannot believe you are one already! They say time flies when you are having fun, and that is exactly what we've been having! This year has been filled with amazing moments that have made my heart grow exponentially and it's all because of you!
From the very beginning when daddy and I found out we were pregnant with you, you have been our little miracle baby. You came at a time that we needed you most and I can't imagine our lives without you. I knew we would have a special connection, when the doctor placed you in my arms after you were born and you grabbed onto my finger and squeezed it tight and snuggled right into my arms.
Since I knew what to expect with you things seemed easier. That's not to say you didn't have your ups and downs. Starting off with a 24 hour stint in Children's Medical Center three days after you were born for a severe case of jaundice. Although we were beyond terrified you showed us then that you were a fighter and that you were ready to take life by the horns and live it. This also probably explains why you didn't want to sleep through the night until you were well into your 7 month of life.
Those moments awake with you during the day and night proved to be a wonderful bonding experience. I learned that you loved to be rocked and sang too. Your favorite song was and still is "You are My Sunshine". And to this day when I sing it, you instantly get calm. I also learned early on not to come between you and your food, and that you were going to be an all natural type of guy. You hated formula and preferred the real deal of mommy's milk. At times your appetite seemed insatiable, but it helped us bond even more. This proved to be a good thing when it came time to start solids, when you decided to bypass pureed food and go straight to the real thing. Your favorite time of the day is still meal time, and you are proving that there are kids out there that aren't picky and that will eat anything (except for broccoli).
You are a happy baby, and the smile you give to everyone you meet is heartwarming. You love to laugh, especially at Rocco, the family dog. Your favorite activities are listening to music, dancing, and splashing around in whatever type of water source you are in.
You have proven the tale that the second born does everything faster than the first born. And I mean EVERYTHING! You were putting weight on your legs at a week old, holding your head up by 2 months, doing the army crawl by 5 months, and cruising around the house holding on to things by 6 months! You even caught your first cold at a month old (which totally freaked me out). You were saying your first words at 7 months and meaning them (of course they were dada and nana, but momma came soon after).
You are our go-with-the-flow baby, the never met a stranger type of person, and as long as you have a remote control, phone, or a toy car you are set. You have shown me that love has no boundaries and can grow to levels that I never thought were possible. You are a momma's boy through and through (which I love most).
I love the way you shriek with delight when you see me after I've been away for awhile. Or the way you call Rocco by just sounding out the 'k' constant. Or the way you play with my necklace when I'm rocking you to sleep. I also love how you adore your big brother Evan (even when he isn't so nice) and hold his arm when you're watching Jack's Big Music Show with him.
From your big toothy grin to your tiny little toes, everything about you is amazing! I'm looking forward to what the next year brings and seeing you morph into a little boy.
I love you to the moon and back!
xoxoxoxo,
Mommy
Enjoying your first birthday cake
Your smile is contagious
Enjoying the Aquarium for your birthday


No comments:
Post a Comment