To say my hormones and thoughts are out of control would be an understatement right now. I feel as if the Mrs. Jekyll side of my personality has stepped in and there is nothing I can do about it. I keep telling myself to relax and enjoy these final days/weeks before Logan is here, especially since I know what's ahead (a lot of sleepless nights and a complete life adjustment) but it's almost impossible. It may be due to the fact that I can't sleep at night because of the horrible sciatica pain I'm having or the multiple trips to the bathroom. Or the fact that every time I talk or see someone they make the same statement that is obvious, "you're still pregnant!" Or perhaps the fact that I get tired just walking from upstairs to downstairs in my own home. Put all of these things together and it makes for one cranky me!
The other day as I was sitting on the couch with my feet elevated because my ankles were the size of my head, I started contemplating time and how slowly it seems to be ticking by and realized it's because I can say I've been pregnant this ENTIRE YEAR! Yep, that's 232 days of feeling not myself. Granted not all of those days have been uncomfortable and bad, but when you throw in multiple doctor appointments, trips to the bathroom, and the Texas heat it can seem like forever.
The thing that I will miss the most after Logan is here is feeling him move around inside my belly. That is the one thing that I absolutely LOVE about being pregnant. I can't get enough of watching my stomach bounce, move, and contort itself while Logan is practicing his dance moves. The feeling is like no other and an amazing one at that.
And while I know these days I have more complaints than not about pregnancy, I am thankful that I've been able to go through it again to bring a second life into this world. I love being a mom and feeling the unconditional love from Evan. To get to experience that twice is truly a blessing. I know Logan is going to bring another level of love and bonding to our family and I can't wait to experience that with John and Evan. So, until our little angel is here please excuse my crazy hormones and know that the end is near!!
Me and my belly at 37 weeks
My sausage like ankel by mid afternoon on most days. It doesn't even look like it belongs on my body.


No comments:
Post a Comment