Having a child did something to me. I now try to be frugal where I can. It's like the instant I had Evan not only did it trigger my hormones to go ape shit it also released a hormone in my brain to appreciate DIY projects and actually try them myself. And so far I've enjoyed every project I've actually tried and they've all turned out pretty good.
My best friend recently turned me on to this website called pintrest, which if you haven't checked it out YOU MUST DO SO NOW! And yes that's an order! Pintrest is the mecca of all crafty, do-it-yourself, cook to your heart's content websites the web has to offer. It allows you to see what other people have posted and if you like it you can post it on one of your boards which is like a saved file for all things cool. I'll admit, I'm addicted to this site like crack heads are to crack. I love seeing all the cool things that are out there to make and I'm determined to make everything I've pinned to a board.
My first try at one of my pintrest finds was Oreo cheesecake cups, which turned out divine. I made them for a get together my friend had and ate about half of them the night I made them. If you'd like to try them too (and believe me you do) you can find the recipe here http://daintychef-krissy.blogspot.com/2011/09/oreo-cheesecake-cups.html
My next pintrest try fuel my frugalista side and will save me money for years to come, homemade baby wipes. If you're like me, you are probably thinking, what? homemade baby wipes? That's right folks; you can make your own wipes that are even better than the store bought kind. I was a bit skeptical myself, but once I saw how easy they were to make I got right to it and loved the outcome so much that I don't think I'll be buying wipes from the store ever again. And since I did graduate from college, I had to put the pen to the paper just to see how much it would save me and was even more surprised. A package of wipes is roughly around $3.50 which we would use about one package every week or so(you don't even want to get me started on the number of arguments John and I have had on the number of wipes he uses at one diaper change). That averages out to about $182 a year just in wipes. Multiply that over 5 years and you are spending close to $1,000 for basically a piece of wet paper towel. I don't know about you, but I could do something a lot more fun with $1,000 than wipe someone's butt with it (pun intended).
So, if your feel the same way I do check out this website http://www.homemademamas.net/2010/07/homemade-baby-wipes.html and start making your own wipes. You can thank me later :)
Next on my list of DIY to do's homemade Febreeze (http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/2011/07/fake-febreeze.html) and I'm actually really excited about it!
Look out world there is no stopping this frugalista!!

No comments:
Post a Comment