Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I made it!!

I realized I haven't posted anything on here since last year. Mainly because life these days is like a tornado that is furiously swirling by me while I hold on for dear life and enjoy the ride. I also wanted to write to say that I'm in absolute disbelieve that my little angel is going to be one in 5 days, 5 DAYS! Wow! For some reason this momentous occasion is bitter sweet to me. Bitter because Evan will now be considered a toddler and not a baby, and I want him to be my little baby that I can hold in my arms forever. But, I know that is not going to happen and I look at how far he's come and all the cool new things he's doing now and I realize that when people say "It only gets better" they are right! Evan's aware of the world around him now and he's all about exploring it. He's mastered crawling and is like a little baby ninja that has stealth like speed to get from one room to another in just a blink of an eye. He's also starting to test the waters with walking and climbing, and he's moved on from the wretched baby food and onto more adult food (which is stressful in its self, but good).


I could go on and on about all the things he's doing and the lessons I've learned over this past year, but for the sake of everyone that reads this I won't. What I will say, is that I can't believe I made it through this first year. I can remember those first 3 months when time seemed like it stood still, and I was thinking what have we done? and where has the life I used to know gone? Not that I didn't love my perfect little baby, but life does indeed change. If anyone tells you differently, they are lying! It changes for the better though, and life seems to have more meaning when you have kids. Evan has made me want to be a better person and to set the kind of example that will carry through his lifetime and my grandkids (yikes, did I just say grandkids! I can definitely wait for that one). I have learned more about myself this past year than I have in the 29 years before Evan. This past year has been a test of will power, endurance, love, friendship and everything else that life throws at you that holds you together. I can proudly say I made it and that I'm looking forward to what the next year brings.



I love this boy more than words can express!

No comments:

Post a Comment