I always said that I wasn't going to let having kids change my life, this of course was pre-Evan, but in reality having a baby does change your life and there isn't anything you can do about it. I don't think you can fully realize the impact it has on you and your world until you actually become a parent. My entire world right now revolves around Evan, and I am ok with that. I'm ok with it because of how much he has enriched my life. No, I can't just get up and do what I want when I want to, but I have this tiny human being that loves me unconditionally and that makes my world a better place just for him being in it.
I had my time to party and do what I want, and I will have those times back again when Evan gets older but right now it's time to focus on what matters most and that is family. I can still have fun, just in a different more scheduled way. To tell you the truth I have a blast playing with my son and watching him develop. For example, this weekend I was playing peek-a-boo with Evan and watching him squeal in delight every time I moved my hands and he saw my face. He would belly laugh and that in turn would make me laugh. It melted my heart, and I thought to myself, "I don't want to be anywhere else right now than right here."
So my fun has adapted with me, now instead of staying out all night at a happy hour after early release from work I go and have a quick drink with one of my best friends and make the time really count or go to family friendly bbq's where my son can have fun with me but I can still enjoy some adult time.
It's always a little sad when one chapter in your life ends and a new one begins, because it means you’re growing up and things are changing. This is one change and chapter change that I welcome with open arms, especially if that means that in my arms is my beautiful baby boy that thinks I hang the moon.
Love my two John's
A glimpse of what this next chapter in life holds


No comments:
Post a Comment