Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to reconnect

Since having Evan I feel like all my personal relationships with friends and family have taken a back burner. Its not that I don't want to keep up the relationships, it’s that I don't have the time. Before having kids I told myself I wouldn't be one of those people that let their lives spin out of control and lose touch with the people that I once spent my nights and weekends with, but in reality it just happens.


During the work week, I barely have enough energy to get home and take care of Evan and myself, let alone worry about someone else. I have a small window each day on my way home from work to talk on the phone and catch up, but as soon as I walk in the door I kick into my second job of being a mom. Plus, since I don't get to spend much time with E during the week I want to devote my entire energy and being to him.

The weekends are then spent running the errands I couldn't get to during the week and just being with the family.

I'm hoping juggling my personal relationships gets easier with time, but right now I'm doing the best I can to just keep up. Plus, I figured if people are my true friends/family they will understand and it won't affect our relationship. I guess it will be a big test on who the real genuine people are in my life. So, to my friends that read this please accept my apology now for neglecting you. I'll figure this mom thing out soon enough and be back to the old me soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand and you're being like Jeff...


    HA just playing!!!

    ReplyDelete