Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm blessed

I wanted to write this blog to simply state that I am blessed in every way possible and with all the negative that is out in the world these days I wanted to put some good vibes out there.

This past week we've been shown an out pouring of love from friends, family, and coworkers for our little Evan. Last Saturday I had my baby shower with friends and family and was surprised at the turnout and gifts we received from everyone. Things were crazy setting up before the shower and during, but afterwards I sat down to soak it all in and almost started crying happy tears at all the love I felt from everyone. Even friends that couldn’t' be there made their presence known with sweet cards and notes and adorable things for Evan. I know I take for granted the loved ones in my life, and I don't always express my appreciation for the things they do and say to make life better. Today I’m stopping to acknowledge them and to say I LOVE YOU!

I had my work shower yesterday and was blown away again by the outpouring of love for me, my husband, and Evan. I really did have to choke back my happy tears so I didn't look like a fool in front of everyone but I couldn't ask for a better home away from home. It's nice to know and be reminded that there are still good people out there.

I keep saying that I'm going to get better at calling people or writing people letters but life gets away from me and I don't seem to get around to it. Well, today I just want to say thank you and I appreciate each and every one of you that are in my life. I don't know what I would do with out you. I can't wait for Evan to get here and meet everyone that is already supporting and loving him. It makes me have some comfort in this other wise cold and scary thing we call life, to know that he will be coming into a support circle that is warm and loving.

I am definitely blessed!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH Robyn it's easy to love you because you are so loving!! Heard you weren't feeling well. I hope you get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete