Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Whole New World

As my pregnancy moves into its third trimester, I am starting to realize I am in a whole new world. Not that I haven't felt this "new world" feeling before, but now it seems incessant. Before there were days that I would wake up and not feel pregnant and even times that I forgot I was pregnant (what can I say, you kind of lose your mind to the baby growing inside you!?!). Not anymore. My belly seems to get in the way of everything, but in a good way. The other day I was using it as table to rest my mug of hot chocolate on. Complete strangers feel compelled to ask me questions about the pregnancy like, how far along I am and what the sex of the baby is. Sometimes I like to have fun with them. The other day in my office building elevator a guy got on and started asking me how much longer I had to go. To make things interesting I asked him "how much longer to go for what?" He then clarified by saying with the pregnancy. I looked at him with the straightest face I could and said "I'm not pregnant!" The look on his face was hilarious. I quickly told him I was kidding, but enjoyed the fact that I've moved way out of the 'looking fat or bloated' stage to 'holy cow that woman is pregnant!' stage.


Baby Evan is moving around all of the time now. Before he seemed to have set times of the day, mostly later at night but now it’s all day. And it’s not the little flutters that it was before. Nope, now he is letting us know he is in there. One of my favorite things to do is to put something light on my stomach like my cell phone or sunglasses and watch it bounce around from his movements. There have been several times that he's kicked so hard that the phone or glasses have fallen off my belly. As I sit here and write this, Evan is practicing his dance moves with a kick and a spin here and there. It's a great feeling!

We also finally picked out a name, as you can see. Evan Lane Chilcoat. We pondered for months over several names and finally narrowed it down to our top 3. For a week we called the baby by a different name to see what sounded right. First it was Cullen, then Evan, then Landon. There was something about Evan that seemed to just fit. I really liked the fact that Evan is a form of John, and since John wanted a John jr. originally, he in a weird way got that. It also means young warrior, so hopefully that means our little Evan will be strong and healthy.

I'm counting down the days until little Evan is here and a different New World starts. Until then, I'll wander through this one and hope this heartburn and waking up at all hours of the night eventually subsides.


Me at 25 weeks

me at 26 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment