Thursday, January 21, 2010

Must get sleep!

I thought I had gotten over the hump of being tired all of the time when I made it through the first trimester. It was almost like a magic spell was cast on me because as soon as I started the second trimester all my energy came back to me and I started to feel like my normal self again. Well, as normal as I could feel with a growing belly and my body going through changes that amazed me every day. I almost had this extra energy to get things done which came in handy with getting the nursery ready and the house cleaned :)

No sooner that I started to feel like I was on a roll and things were good; I start the third trimester and the energy zapping fairy has come to visit me once again to cast her evil spell on me. I have been so tired lately that by the time I get home from work I just want to collapse on the floor and not move. Last night the thought of putting away the dishes in the dishwasher made me so tired I had to immediately go lay down on the couch and not move for the rest of the night until I went to bed at 8:30. Yep, that's right 8:30! And that was pushing it I could have gone to bed as soon as I got home.

I'm writing this entry right now at work because I'm so tired that if I don't keep my mind and hands busy I might fall asleep at my desk sitting up. Of course the exhaustion could be from the fact that I get up at least 3 times a night to use the restroom and another 3 because I'm uncomfortable and need to swing my big ol' belly over because the side of my body that I've been lying on has either gone to sleep and is completely numb from my weight or my back can't take the pressure on it anymore. Even with my fortress of pillows around me I can't get comfortable enough to sleep the entire night through.

I think God has a woman go though this to prepare you for the newborn baby your about to have. I know that once Evan is here that there will be many sleepless nights and I'll be waking up every 2 hours or more, but at least then I'll be able to sleep on my belly and roll over without having to count to three and fling my arms to get the momentum going.


No comments:

Post a Comment