I think the first and foremost thing they should tell you about when you become pregnant is that you can kiss any energy you once had goodbye! I don't know if it is a mix of not drinking caffeine anymore and trying to eat healthier (which means less candybars in the breakroom for me), but I am tired ALL of the time. I can barely keep my eyes open at work and I feel like I spend my day with my mouth open from all of the yawning I do. And it's not just me that notices it. About 3 times a day I'll have a coworker stop by and ask if I'm ok because I look so sleepy.
I have every intention of going to they gym to stay in shape but by the time I get home all I want to do is change into my pj's and watch TV in bed. Which then leads to me falling asleep within 5 minutes. I'm even tired right after I get up in the morning, and it's not because I went to bed late the night before because my bed time has been averaging about 9p. A couple weeks ago I probably would have smacked myself on the head and screamed Carpe Diem! But now the only thing I want to seize is more zzz's.
I guess my enjoyment right now is sleeping, and lots of it! I almost wish I could do what they do on the cartoon "Tom and Jerry" and paint realistic looking eyeballs on my eyelids so I can just take a nap when I want and no one would know any different. I went down to the little convenience store in my building at work to look for some Acetaminophen (which by the way is the only form of pain reliever you can take while pregnant, yet another thing to add to my growing list of "cannot have while pregnant") and there was a row of 5 Hour Energy's that looked so tantalizing that I started to drool. To only have 5 Hours of Energy right now!
I had to walk out of the store before I succumbed to the temptation and drank the whole row of those energy shots.
I keep reading articles that say this will pass. What do I have to say to that? Bring it on, and pass already! Yawn!

No comments:
Post a Comment