I know I haven't posted on here in a LONG time, but to say that life has been busy would be an understatement. However, I didn't log on today to go into those reasons. I wanted to log on to type up my annual letter to Evan on his birthday (though admittedly I'm even behind on that!). My baby boy is THREE! Which still has me scratching my head wondering where has the time gone!?!
Anyway, I wanted to keep up with this tradition so that one day he can lovingly look back on here and know that there hasn't been a minute, hour, day, birthday, year that's gone by that I haven't been utterly and completely enamored and in love with my sweet little Evan!
Evan,
I think this has been your best year yet! I've seen you grow and develop so much that you have now moved on from being my wide eyed baby to my curious, intelligent, marvelous little boy.
This past year has brought on so many changes that I almost don't know where to start. You started daycare a.k.a school and I swear you are the brightest boy there. You love going to school and being with your friends, learning colors, shapes, letters, and numbers and using what you've learned in everyday life. Your desire and love to read has only grown, and I have to say it makes my heart sing since I too love to read. You have the alphabet mastered and will randomly start singing the ABC song when the mood strikes. You can count all the way to 20 without missing a number and you know your colors of the rainbow like nobody's business. You're favorite thing to do at night is to read me or daddy a story which I love too. You've somehow managed to memorize all your favorite books and can almost site the words on the page perfectly.
The biggest obstacle you've overcome is potty training! And to be honest you also started and did this on your own initiative much to my surprise. Although, we are still trying to work on your favorite place to pee which is outside on a tree or bush. I blame your daddy for teaching you this habit, but it is cute none the less.
You are also talking in complete sentences and you're favorite things to say are:
"What is that mommy?"
"I want to do it"
"Little brother is crying"
"I love you too Mommy/Daddy"
You also have to sing "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" every night before bed. Which is a testament to how much you love baseball! You have your own tee ball set in the backyard which you want to play every day. You also love going to daddy's softball games and cheering for him as he rounds the bases.
You had a bit of a rough adjustment when your little brother was born and came into the family, but you are now the best big brother ever! You love to help feed, play, and wash Logan's bottles and you love him with all your heart. I can already tell that you will be a protective big brother by the way you carefully watch anyone that comes close to him. You are also very close to your cousins Braden and Anthony and you idolize everything they do. Your dad and I are still the center of your world, and we can't get enough of your dimpled smile and your big ol' bear hugs. You love to wrestle with daddy and squeal in glee when the tickle monster comes out (who happens to look a lot like me)!
Every day you become more independent and want to explore the world on your own terms.
I couldn't be happier or more proud to be your mom and can't wait to see what this next year brings.
I love you scooter buggy!
xoxoxo,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment