Are you sure you're not carrying twins?
Oh my goodness you're huge!
You're going to pop any day now!
You are really getting big now!
And my latest comment that almost made me reach across and do a Three Stooges type slap to all 3 ladies was at a birthday dinner for a family member. We were all sitting down when one family member gets up from the table because they see a friend at another table a few tables away. The conversation went like this:
Family Member- "Have you seen Robyn? No, well wait until you see her stomach!" (I should call out said family member for even starting this conversation, but I'll take the higher road here)
To which I was then called over to the table to meet said friends (talk about a walk of shame).
Family Member Friend- "Wow! When are you due?"
Me- "September 8th"
Family Member Friend- "Oh my goodness, are you have twins?"
Me (between gritted teeth) - "Nope just one"
Family Member Friend- "Well, you are going to be humongous by then you poor thing!"
Humongous? Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! What planet do you live on that makes you think that's a nice thing to say to someone? As I waddled my way back to the table cussing all of them under my breath, I decided that from here on out any woman I saw that was pregnant I would tell her how amazing she looked.
I don't remember getting these kinds of comments when I pregnant with Evan and technically I've put on less weight this time than I did with him. My oh so sweet husband and friends tell me people only make those comments because I went from being a bean pole to now looking like I swallowed a basketball. Which I can see, but does EVERYONE have to comment on how big I look? I know I'm pregnant and carrying around another human being, but NO ONE pregnant or not wants to hear comments all day on how big she is! So, I'm asking all of you that read this to take pity on the next pregnant woman you see and tell her something about her looks that will compliment her and whatever you do DO NOT mention her size at all!
Me at 28 weeks. I'm sure I'm not doing anything to help my cause but I'm sure I'll look back at this pic and smile at it and all the comments that went along with it one day!
You look fantastic!! And remember, a pregnant woman can be excused for most everything she does while pregnant....this includes three stooges slaps!! :-)
ReplyDelete