We are about a day away from finding out what we are having and the wait is killing me. I keep mulling over in my head what this beautiful life inside of me might be, and to make it worse others are telling me what they think. I've heard everything from I'm carrying low so it must be a girl to the fact that I crave sweets so much it must be a boy. I do find these opinions of everyone amusing and helps aid my daydreaming along. I've said from the get go that I think its a girl because ever since the first thought of having kids crossed my mind, I always thought that I would have a girl first. I of course, don't mind this way of thinking. I do want a girl. I imagine myself painting her nails and putting bows in her hair. I also start thinking about when she gets older and having a girls shopping day, and me helping her pick out her first date outfit. I know she will be a daddy's little girl, and John has already said how much he is going to spoil her and protect her (I'm sure his idea of a first date outfit will be a jumpsuit that has a lock on the zippers or something). I can't help myself from looking at all the cute girl baby clothes when I go to department stores. It's amazing how many cute things are out there, and I feel like they all call my name when I walk by.
Then I start thinking about how much fun a boy would be too. They say the first born boy is usually a momma's boy and I don't have any problem with that. Of course, that means I'll have to suck it up and like the little lizards or bugs he brings to me and not get upset when he wants to play in the mud. I picture John in the front yard tossing around a football and me baking cookies for his little league team. I also can see myself giving him advice when he gets older on girls and getting him a sports car he can fix up in the driveway.
I'm trying to soak in this excitement and anxiousness. I know this won't last much longer and it’s so much fun to wonder. I will, however, be happy when the wait is over and the doctor looks over at us and tells us it’s a boy or girl! I'm looking forward to sharing that moment with John. I'm also looking forward to finally starting on the nursery. I feel so behind right now, but once I know the sex of our baby I can actually start doing things and getting things ready.
As the old saying goes, "Curiosity killed the cat." Well, I'm hoping it doesn't kill me before Thursday morning. Until then, I'm going to keep daydreaming and hoping the next day goes by fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment