Friday, November 20, 2009

A feeling like no other

I'm getting to the stage now where I can feel the baby move and it is a feeling like no other! I mostly feel baby Chilcoat at night or when I eat a lot of sugar. For some reason I have been craving sweets lately, especially nerds. About 20 minutes after I eat them I'll start to feel the little one move around. I've always wondered and asked people what it feels like when a living thing inside of you is moving. It was like some kind of freak show to me, that my mind just couldn’t fathom. I don't know really how to describe this wonderful feeling. I've heard some people say it feels like gas bubbles, but that's not how it feels to me. It’s more like a little pang or twinge. When I first felt it I thought I had really light cramps, but after awhile I realized that wasn't it at all. It doesn't hurt, but it is definitely a feeling like no other.


I find myself in bed at night looking forward to the baby moving, and it doesn't happen every night yet but I do feel the little one at least three or four times a week. I also find myself trying to play games with him or her. The movement is usually on one side of my lower stomach or the other, and if the baby is really active whenever I feel a pang of movement I tap or push back lightly to see if the baby will push back. I don't think I'm far enough along yet to play that game, but I swear one night baby Chilcoat was up for the challenge and played my game for a few minutes.

I really can't wait for John to be able to feel it. He gets so excited when I tell him the baby is moving, and I can tell he wants to feel something too. Right now the baby moving is the highlight of my day and I can't help but smile every time it happens. I feel closer to the baby and the realness of being pregnant is that much greater. I picture the baby doing a dance routine when I'm listening to the radio or singing or tying to find a comfortable spot at night when I'm going to sleep. It's amazing how much my imagination runs wild now that I can feel this bundle of joy inside of me. The feeling is incredible and I can't wait for the baby to get bigger, so I can feel this joy all the time!


Me at 18 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment